Saturday 21 September 2013

Helen Dardik Week : Butterflies Dipped in Eggplant

Guten Abend everyone ! We landed safely in Salzburg this morning after an incredibly early flight and an awfully bad night's sleep at the hotel, so I'm going get this post up as quickly as possible so that I can get some beauty sleep before doing some tourist-y stuff tomorrow ! There's the Saint Rupert's Fair on here at the moment, my mum and I had no idea about it so that was a pleasant surprise ! There were loads of men, women and children dressed in the traditional Lederhosen and Dirndls which look absolutely stunning ! It's so nice to see people all dressed up, and it all fits the scenery so well !

In other news, it's the second day of my Helen Dardik Week series and I've steered away from the florals for this one (spoiler : it's the only design this week that isn't a floral) ! The butterflies in this "Dipped in Eggplant" pattern really caught my eye, and they are quite easy to paint as well !


I hadn't actually noticed the title of this pattern until after I was sorting out what the post titles for each pattern were called that I realised that Helen Dardik had used an eggplant colour for her butterfly. I had already finished the manicure and taken all the photos when I realised that I had painted the butterflies with navy blue instead of deep purple, but I still like it ! I can't help but wonder what it would have looked like had I used an eggplant shade though !


I started with two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff for the base. The butterflies were all done with the following colours : Butter London Royal Navy, P2 Hug Me, OPI Sparrow Me the Drama, OPI Dim Sum Plum, OPI Big Apple Red and American Apparel Office. I added the little dots in between all the little butterflies with OPI Did You Ear About Van Gogh, a colour which I haven't used in absolutely ages, mainly because it's gone thick and gloopy and I need to buy some nail polish thinner !


I think that this is a really sweet nail art design, it's the first time I've painted butterflies on my nails and it makes a nice change from the monarch butterfly wing nails you see around a lot ! What do you all think ?

Right ! Well I'm going to go and get ready for bed now as I'm super tired and apparently the nap I had this afternoon doesn't want to keep me going for much longer ! See you tomorrow everyone !

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...