Saturday 24 August 2013

Alphabet Nail Art Challenge : P for Paisley

Good evening everyone ! So it's the 15th day of the alphabet nail art challenge and I have yet another design I've never tried before to show you all today ! The theme today is "P for Paisley" and I'm sure you've seen loads of different paisley nail art designs before, pretty much everywhere on the internet in fact, so I hope you all like my interpretation !


I was inspired by Chelsea from Get Nailed for the actual paisley droplet things (doest anyone know what they're called ?), and the rest I just sort of doodled to add details to the empty spaces ! It took quite a while to paint it all, I found it quite fiddly but I'm really pleased about how it looks !


I used OPI I Vant to Bite Your Neck for the base, although I think a brighter colour may have been slightly better for the look, maybe red for a bandana sort of look, but then the deep purple really shows up the white ! I used white acrylic paint for the paisley print, although I think I'm going to need to get a different white as the one I've got is "mixing white" as opposed to proper white acrylic paint so it's not as opaque as I would like it to be !


So that's it for today ! What are your experiences with white acrylic paint ? Is a normal white quite opaque or is it still temperamental  like mine ? I'd love to know ! Now it's time to me to go and brainstorm for a while about what I'm going to do on my nails tomorrow.. the theme is "quilt" and I don't have any idea what I'm going to do !

4 comments:

  1. I use acrylics all the time and my white isn't entirely opaque either, especially with base as dark as yours, it gets better when I have more of the paint on the brush... I like your paisley, but this theme gives so little space to be creative, unlike tommorow's, I'm really curious what you're coming up with, ''guilt'' gives TOO much space :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I loove paisley, but I don't really yet dare to try it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a unique look, I could never do! :)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...