Tuesday 20 August 2013

Alphabet Nail Art Challenge : L for Lettering

Hello everyone ! I'm seriously tired as I was up early this morning to help my mum take one of our dogs to the vets for his booster injections (he doesn't travel well in the car), and so I don't want to go to bed too late tonight (even though I'm posting this rather late), so I'm going to try and write this post up quickly ! In any case, today's theme for the nail art challenge is "L for Lettering" !


I had spent a while, in fact since the beginning of this Alphabet Nail Art Challenge, trying to decide what to do for a lettering design. I had been contemplating painting "TMH" for Try My Hand, but when I was talking to my Grandma on Facebook earlier today she came up with the excellent idea for me to do scrabble nails ! My Grandma loves scrabble, so I'm hoping she'll really like these nails !


I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff for this design and then I used black acrylic paint to do the letters and small score numbers. I chose high-scoring letter tiles seeing as they're the most fun, but I ended up omitting the letter "Q" because it looked really weird when I painted it ! The straight-lined letters are far easier to draw than curvy ones, although the "J" wasn't too bad !


So what do you think of my scrabble-tile-lettering nails ? I know people have done scrabble nails before and it's something I've always wanted to do on my nails, but had obviously pushed to the back of my mind ! Have any of you tried scrabble nails before ?

I'll see you all again tomorrow with some mosaic nails for the letter "m" ! GOodnight !

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...