Saturday 13 April 2013

Swatch : Models Own - Pinky Brown

Good evening everyone ! I'm doing some manic writing up at the moment as I'm starting to prepare for my first exam next month and I've got a book on short loan which has to be back Monday morning, so I've not got very long to get as much information as possible from it ! Luckily I did this swatch earlier this week, so the photos are all ready and all I have to do it write the post for it !


So this is Models Own Pinky Brown from their 2011Beetlejuice collection. I was expecting the finish to be quite similar to Accessorize Pink Spice which I swatched for you the other day, but it was actually quite different ! Pinky Brown has a glass fleck finish of pink and orangey duochrome, accompanied by a sheer dark brownish/black base.


For this swatch I used 3 coats and a layer of Seche Vite on top. The formula was fine for me so no compaints there ! I was disappointed that the duochrominess of it wasn't as strong as I had anticipated, I found it quite hard to get a photo of the transition and it was really very obvious in person either ! Still, lovely colour though !


If you look hard enough you can see a bit of browny-oranginess towards the base of my nails, but nothing too obvious ! I still this that this nail varnish is really nice, although it is a shame that the duochrome effect isn't totally visible !

I'm going to go and get some more work done before I go to bed, I hope you enjoyed the swatch !

3 comments:

  1. I purchased a polish from the beetlejuice collection and recently tried it, wasn't too fond of it though. This one's lovely, even though the duochrome effect isn't obvious I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice elegant color. It looks like you really look after your nails and hands as they look perfect. I may have to try invest in a couple myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't particularly love the Beetlejuice collection but this is a really nice swatch, it's nice to see the pinker side of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...