Monday 17 September 2012

TMH Fashion Week : Kate Spade

So hello and welcome to this week's new series : Try My Hand Fashion Week ! I have a full seven days, from Monday to Sunday (whilst I'm preparing my move to uni in the UK), of nail art inspired by fashion designers either fresh from the runway at New York fashion week, or way back from Spring 2012 ! So prepare yourselves for a week of funky prints and bright patterns, it's TMH Fashion Week !

Hey there everyone, it's kickoff day for my new series of fashion-inspired nail art, and to start it off off it's Kate Spade ! I love the bright patterns and great inspiration you can get for nails from her clothing and handbag range ! So without futher ado, the nails !


So this design is, as I said before, by Kate Spade and was recently featured for the Spring 2013 release in New York. I love this type of gingham design and I can't believe I haven't done anything similar before ! I haven't concentrated on getting slightly darker colours where the lines of a same colour cross, but I think it looks fine as it does !


For these nails, the polishes I used were American Apparel T-Shirt for the white base, then for the plaid/gingham colours I used P2 Flirt With Me for the pink, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream for the blue and 17 Baked Cherry for the red lines. I love the way these colours work together. I did contemplate doing the really faint tiny lines between the big pink stripes, but decided against it as I think it would have looked far too busy on my nails !


And that's it for today's first installment in this new series ! I hope you enjoyed this post, and look forward to plenty more during this week ! Enjoy the rest of your day !

4 comments:

  1. this is so cute, lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The colours are great together! I like that the pink is not totally solid and shows the blue underneath. It added a little more charm the whole manicure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It fits the dress really great! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...