Thursday 20 September 2012

TMH Fashion Week : Betsey Johnson

So hello and welcome to this week's new series : Try My Hand Fashion Week ! I have a full seven days, from Monday to Sunday (whilst I'm preparing my move to uni in the UK), of nail art inspired by fashion designers either fresh from the runway at New York fashion week, or way back from Spring 2012 ! So prepare yourselves for a week of funky prints and bright patterns, it's TMH Fashion Week !

Hey there everyone ! I've got a great design for you all today, as you've probably seen in the title, inspired by Betsey Johnson ! Now although I don't own anything by Betsey, I have been a fan of her designs for quite a while now, they're so bright and fun, and super cute when you recreate them on your nails !


Awesome, right ? This design is from Betsey Johnson's Fall 2012 range, which was full of bright (well, for fall awyway) and bold prints, and I had a hard time choosing which design I was going to recreate in nail art, seeing as I knew from the beginning that I was going to do a Betsey design ! I thought this look was good because I was able to keep it simple on each nail, and not just do the same (plus it had some leopard print in it, always choose the leopard print) !


So to recreate this Betsey design, the polishes I used were American Apparel Hassid for the black, 17 Baked Cherry for the red on my middle finger, P2 Elegant for the nude colour on my thumb and little finger, then I (obviously) used my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pens in black and white for the detail on each nail. I tried a new style of leopard print on the middle finger to represent the shoes, and I was expecting it to turn out slightly bigger than it did, but I think it looks fine how it does, if a little bit small !


I hope you like this Betsey design, I have a feeling I'll be doing more nail art inspired by her designs in the future, I now have a stock in my "inspiration folder" from when I was trying to decide which outfit I would recreate for this series !

Have a great day everybody !

5 comments:

  1. Love this! And totally love how you translated the fashion onto your nails! Great job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. o...m...g... I'm stunned at how amazing they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sooooo cool! The colours all go so well together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...