Monday 24 September 2012

NOTD : Bath Freshers

Alright ! Hey there everybody, I'm back to normal posting after my week settling in to my new life at university in the UK ! So as you all probably know, Freshers' Week is a uni tradition, and this whole week there's a huge line-up of events and parties (all themed, yay !) for all this year's freshers to go out and have a great time ! Tonight is launch night, and the idea is to represent your halls of residences' colours, so of course, as well as the free T-shirt I as given, I had to coordinate my nails and show my support through the best method I know !


So the colour I am representing for my halls is yellow (groan)... honestly, I really dislike yellow, particularly on my nails (even though I have several different yellow polishes that would suggest otherwise), but nonetheless I have stuck through it and put yellow on for tonight ! I of course couldn't just stick to one single colour, so I did some quick dots on top, hoping they would be slightly bolder than they actually turned out, but never mind !


For this super-quick design, I used P2 Summer to Go and then did the polka dots on top with my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in yellow. The colours looked far more different in the bottle/tube, but I actually quite like the subtle look, it reminds me of Easter eggs for some reason ! I hope these nails look good with my T-shirt, even though the colour on my T-shirt is a lot more pastel-y, a kind of yellow that actually goes remotely well with my complexion (I literally can't wear any orange, yellow or red because it just looks awful on me) !


So anyway, I'm off to get ready for the launch night party ! At least the outfit has already been decided for me, so no difficult choices to make for me ! I'll see if I can get a photo for tomorrow's post of my coordinating nails and outfit, so much fun when things coordinate !

Have a great night guys !

4 comments:

  1. Great nails, have fun!:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! As an English girl who was at uni not so long ago I know you're going to have the time of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dots are very subtle but it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! Yellow's my favourite colour though, so I think I'd like it no matter what the pattern was :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...