Monday 3 September 2012

As Seen On : Rebecca Likes Nails

So at this current moment I am on holiday in Cologne (and will be for the next few days), so I've got a whole 6 days of scheduled posts for you, as part of an "As Seen On..." series. So from Monday to Saturday, I'll be featuring some of the very first nail blogs I started reading, bloggers who inspired me to start my very own nail art blog, and re-creating one of their manicures for each day of this series !

Hey there everybody ! So here we go for the first day of my "As Seen On..." series, and I'm kicking it off with the lady who inspired me to set up these scheduled posts : Rebecca from Rebecca Likes Nails ! Rebecca's blog was one of the first ones that I discovered when I first started searching for nail art on the internet, and I have now been a loyal reader and follower for over a year now. She does an "As Seen On..." series every time she goes on holiday, and I figured it'd be a great way to keep in contact with my followers whilst I'm on holiday ! So, on to what you all came here for : the nails !


The first design I chose to feature this week is Rebecca's pastel watercolour leopard nails. I loved this design as soon as she posted it, and I can't believe I never got round to re-creating it before now ! I used her watercolour tutorial with similar colours to the original ones she used to create the base, and then just stamped over the top once the base design was dry.


So the polishes I used were unfortunately all different to Rebecca's original design, but I think the end look turned out pretty similar ! I used OPI Alpine Snow for the white base, then for the watercolour base I used OPI Strawberry Margarita, Barry M Yellow, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and Barry M Bright Purple. I then used the leopard stamp from my Konad M57 plate to stamp on top of the watercolour base using Konad Special Black.


I seriously loved this design during the small amount of time it was actually on my nails, that being said, I really couldn't resist not trying out some of my nail mail that arrived from the Born Pretty Store when I had this design on !

And that's it for today's post guys ! I hope you enjoyed today's kick-off for this week's series ! Also, don't hesitate to go and check out Rebecca's blog if you haven't already done so ! Her work is amazing, and good news : she's starting to post more nail art on a regular basis ! This makes me happy !

Enjoy the rest of your day !

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous nails!

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're lovely! I love leopard print nails anyway but this is a really cool twist on the idea :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you ! All credit goes to Rebecca though !

      Delete
  3. That's really beautiful! And have a wonderful holiday :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...