Monday 16 July 2012

NOTD : Nude and red gradient

Ok guys, as promised : today's post will be my current manicure !

So Sammy from The Nailasaurus posted a tutorial on how to get the perfect gradient a couple of months ago, and I'm afraid I have to admit, I hadn't tried it until doing this manicure yesterday ! Nonetheless, I can confirm that it is the best method I have ever tried for creating a gradient with two solid colours !


I am thrilled to actually finally be able to do nice gradients that look well-blended on my nails, as every time I tried beforehand it really just looked like two separate blocks of colours that didn't blend together at all !

I actually think that the more I practised  the better I seemed to get at this design, after looking at both my right hand and left hand (I always start with my left), I realised that I actually prefer how my right hand turned out !


The colours I used for this manicure were P2 Elegant for the nude base, and OPI Big Apple Red for the red.


I can't wait to try this design out again, and experiment with different colour combinations !

Have you used this tutorial for gradient nail art yet ?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the recovery! I was wondering which post to comment on, but decided on this one because of "Ombre ombre!!" hahahaha!!

    I like your blog! so i'm following!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...