Saturday 21 July 2012

NOTD : Fashion inspired florals

Okay guys, I'm sorry, I can't stay away from the floral designs ! And yes, yet again, I've spent too long on the internet searching for nail art inspiration  on clothes websites ! But I fell in LOVE with a top I saw online (sorry, can't remember which website), and I just had to use it for today's design. Plus, yesterday when I was slicing cucumber for a salad, I sliced my nail polish with the knife, and apparently it went through to my actual nail, because when I removed everything today I've been left with a huge gash on the surface of my nail. Man, that's going to be fun when it grows out ! I've used my trusty tissue/teabag method to make sure it doesn't break on me any time soon, but the time will come eventually.


Now I'm not gonna lie, I adore this design ! I actually prefer the more orangey flowers to the whiter ones, and I would absolutely re-do this design with just the orange flowers !


So the polishes I used for this design were P2 Who Cares for the base colour (seriously, I rediscovered this polish a couple of months back, and I'm sure it's a pretty good dupe for Essie Mint Candy Apple, considering it costs about a third of the price of Essie in the UK), then for the flowers I used OPI Alpine White, P2 Hug Me, OPI My Back Pocket, Barry M Lemon Ice Cream, for the leaves I used OPI Skull and Glossbones and Collection 2000 Wham, and then I used my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pens in black and white for detailing.


And here's the picture I saved of the top ! I can't believe I can't find it anymore ! I'll have to troll through my history to find it (I think it couldl well be Urban Outfitters again though) !


So, once again, that's it for today ! Be sure to come back tomorrow for another mani from the vault ! Happy Saturday !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...